Medium (UK) Ltd offer a broad range of installation services ranging from a basic interactive whiteboard and projector installation through to complex, bespoke requirements.
Medium (UK) Ltd are able to offer an installation service throughout the country with access to 12 installation teams, 6 in the North and 6 in the South of the country. For larger projects additional resource can be made available.
We offer a fully inclusive service providing an experienced Surveyor for site surveys, a bespoke and individual quotation service, installation by fully vetted and accredited installation engineers and a no-quibble 12 month guarantee on all of our installation work.
Our policy is to book site surveys within 5 working days from receipt of notice and our installations are normally carried out within 10 working days, subject to availability and access on behalf of the customer.
At the end of every installation our engineers will carry out a 'Tips & Tricks' demonstration to familiarise the users with the equipment and display the capability of the products.
Please call your account manager to discuss your individual requirements.
Electrics and Cat 5 Extension Points
Medium (UK) Ltd can offer fully qualified electricians to provide permenant mains installations for classrooms and board rooms. We offer 3 standard packages which provide power for the projector in the ceiling or wall in the case of the boom mount and power sockets for the amplifier, whiteboard and PC.
In a typical classroom scenario the standard installation positions the faceplate within 4-5 metres from the Interactive Whiteboard using the standard USB or serial cable supplied by the IWB manufacturer. If the network point is not conveniently located this service can also be provided.
All installers are NICC approved for the provision of additional electrical sockets.
Our standard installation positions the faceplate within 4-5M from the IWB using the standard USB or serial cable supplied by the IWB manufacturer, if the network point is not conveniently located, we can also provide this service.
All installers are NICC approved for provision of additional electrical sockets.
Standard Installation for Interactive White Boards and Projectors
The standard service comprises:
- Agree projector and screen locations
- Supply & install mounting bracket to ceiling (to 1.2m)
- Install projector and screen
- Install cabling via ceiling void or new trunking for VGA, Composite Video, and PC Audio
- VGA , video & audio terminated in faceplates at PC
- Install software onto existing PC
- Set up projector and carry out basic overview
- Power work carried out by others before installation
- PC will be on site at time of the installation
- A solid wall is available for mounting whiteboard
- Solid ceiling / floor slab is available for mounting projector
- Bracket mounting height maximum 3.5m
- Above 3.5 M we propose the use of wall mounted projector boom
- Full / continual access available to the installation area
- Board, projector and other equipment will be on site prior to installation
- Cost will be confirmed following telephone / site survey
- Separate site survey before installation
- Longer length mounting brackets as required, above 1.2m
- Speaker installation
- Removal of blackboard from wall
- Power extension lead to projector location
- Out of Hours" service
All Medium installation services carry a 12 month on site guarantee for workmanship.
Should you experience problems with the workmanship on your installation please call our Helpdesk on 0845 08 55599. A qualified member of staff will ring you back and an engineer will be on-site within 48 hours in the event that the problem can not be solved over the phone.
Additional Support Services
Medium (UK) Ltd can also offer a nationwide managed Logistics and on-site support services.
These services can be particularly applicable for on-site projector loan swaps and bulb replacement services.
These can be carried out on within the following service levels:
- Monday to Friday 0900-1700 hours
- Guaranteed Engineer site visit within 48 hours
- Guaranteed telephone support
- Nationwide service, UK mainland only, excludes Highlands and Islands.